Golf and Country Club
Located on 70 acres of the original St. Henry's Catholic Mission right within the hamlet of Fort Vermilion. The powerful Peace River is just a "long drive" away, and the old mission granary has been transformed into a spacious clubhouse and pro shop that is open year round for meetings and dining. This Granary turned club house is a classic hand-hewn dove-tailed log structure believed to have been built after 1910. In this year, the Sisters of Providence started the first boarding school and a 5 bed infirmary near their convent. From that time the mission grew and the farm expanded to provide crops, garden produce, livestock and dairy products to serve the needs of the students, teachers, nurses, brothers and priest. Another mission remnant is the former root cellar which is large enough to store all the golf carts over winter.
Flooded in the spring of 2020 Fantasy North Golf Clubs future remains uncertain and currently lies closed.